Thank you for your interest in working with Ohio HD as an independent contractor. Each year we employ a great number of freelance professionals to help fulfill the needs of our clients. We appreciate the value you bring to our projects and look at you as a strategic partner in our operation. To that end, here is some helpful information to consider when working with Ohio HD and some tips on how to submit your invoice so that we can pay you as quickly as possible.
Get on the List!
The first step toward working with Ohio HD is to get on our independent contractor list. To do this, please complete this application as detailed as possible.
• Send us your name, phone number, and email address as well as the freelance positions that you would like to be considered for.
• Include a link to a reel, resume, IMDB page and other resources that we can ascertain your skill level.
• Send a rate schedule if you have it as well as any kit fees that might apply.
• Please indicate any union affiliations.
• If you have a chance, stop by the shop and introduce yourself. It’s best to set up an appointment to make sure someone is around to receive you. The more familiar we are with you the better chance we will remember you when we are trying to fill a position on set.Independent Contractor Application
Once you are retained by Ohio HD, here’s what you can expect.
Generally you will receive a text or an email asking about availability for a certain day or days. Once we confirm you on a job, we will generally copy you on a crew list that is emailed to the producer. From there, the producer should reach out to you with more information about the job including your call time and location. If you don’t see this information or have any questions you can always contact Ohio HD to resolve the issue.
• Respect for clients and NDAs. Most jobs we are involved with these days have NDA or confidentiality agreements attached to them. For this reason, please do not take pictures or videos on set without express permission. Please do not share these on social media without clearing it with your contact person at Ohio HD. We would all like to get hired back for the next project.
• You will be billing Ohio HD. All negotiations for hours, gear, overtime and anything else should go through your contact at Ohio HD. Please do not discuss any rates directly with the client. If a client needs additional gear for a project or needs to add more days, please contact Ohio HD and we will get these things arranged.
• If gear is needed on the job and someone from Ohio HD is not going to be on the project we will arrange a time for you to come pickup and if needed prep the package. This includes cased packages as well as complete van packages. We will work with you to make this process as convenient as possible for you.
• If you should encounter a problem with gear on a shoot please contact our office immediately and let us help you resolve the issue. Our office number is 614-656-1162 or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Please Invoice Ohio HD at the completion of the job. (The sooner the better) Please send your invoice to email@example.com. Include the invoice number, date of the project, description of the shoot and of course the rate and any expenses you may have. Please submit any receipts for expenses as our clients will ask for them.
• If this is your first time working with Ohio HDour accounting team will need to get you set up in the system. We will need to get a W9 that is updated each year. We can provide the form that is needed or you can download it here.
• Our payment system is called Melio and they will issue a direct deposit to an account that you select. You will receive an email from Melio asking for banking information. Please contact us if you have any questions about this process.
• Our Goal is to pay every invoice in 30 days or less. If you have an invoice that is older than 30 days, please contact us immediately as something has gone wrong and we will want to get it corrected ASAP.
• Please remember that you are representing Ohio HD. As such, please treat all parties with respect. If there is a conflict or disagreement on set please work with us to resolve it in the best way possible.
• We are all part of a bigger production community. Let’s all work together to create some amazing work in a positive environment.